Thursday, January 20, 2011





I am your dream. I live in your heart, rise in your sleep and rest in your consciousness. When you try to hold me, I disappear. I land like a fairy on your life’s petals. I am elusive, I am ephemeral, I am ethereal yet I am real. I am existent, I am endless.

To a poet, I am the harbinger of his countless emotions. To a beloved, I am the summary of her untold desires. To the children, I am their play replayed in their sleep, the zenith of their bed time story. I am the hundred fairies hiding in their pillows, awaiting to take them to a faraway land.

I cannot be touched, I cannot be tied, I cannot be possessed, yet I am all yours. I live through your deeds, I thrive in your convictions and I paint a better world for you.

Dream though I am, I do not let you sleep, I make you sweat and I make you strive. Entwined with your faith and your pledge, I take you high on the clouds until you hold in your palm, what you aspired for.

And then I take a new birth and I am all new again. I live and relive till eternity.

Don’t let me go away from you, ever….



Photograph: from internet

2 comments:

  1. Ask me not to depart from your abode (soul), for then you would just be a void

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ani. How did I miss this? Beautiful! I hope Mr. NN appreciates your creativity :-)

    ReplyDelete