Friday, April 29, 2011

My Clay Dolls...





When you broke my clay dolls, I cried. I cried and cried till you made me new ones and then two of us coloured those in orange and blue. We spent the sunny afternoons in the shade of the banyan tree, with you teaching me the art of playing marbles.

You trained me in riding the bicycle and nursed me when I injured myself after falling from the towering big black Hercules. You carried my school bag and gave me your water bottle when I distributed my water among friends.


You held me in your arms when I cried for Ma while she was admitted in the hospital, while having our little twin brothers and when Ma got busy with the twins, you suddenly became my world and sky.


And I grew up, with you and like you. Everyone says I look, behave and think like you.

But years and space, like a broadening canal, have made you and me so far away from each other.


I long for you yet cannot see you. I want you to witness my new life, yet you are not around.

I still have, close to my heart, held my clay dolls and want you to see the changed colour.

Who will help me if I break my clay dolls again?

Big brother, come back...please come back in my life once again!

3 comments:

  1. Lovely Ani...! It almost has a poetic quality.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the small little things...moments..that may not seem that important at that time are the things we miss the most later...i have a brother not a big brother though but i can vouch that the feeling is the same

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful dear........each can relate it to ones life......

    ReplyDelete